Gatsby Gala (Savannah)
Sat, Jun 04, 2022 |
8:00PM - 12:00AM
Gatsby Gala (Savannah)
Join us as we take a trip back 100 years to the 1920s for a party unlike any that Savannah has seen for decades, hosted at Savannah's first distillery since prohibition.
Join us as we take a trip back 100 years to the 1920s for a party unlike any that Savannah has seen for decades. Break out your best 1920s glamour and join us at Ghost Coast Distillery, Savannah's first distillery since just before Prohibition.
WHAT TO EXPECT!
• LIVE MUSIC: That's right, live jazz music! We'll have 1920s era music via a live JAZZ BAND so wear comfortable dancing shoes!
• PHOTOS: Make sure to commemorate the evening in photos. We'll have a Featured Photographer on hand PLUS Roaming Photographers to snap candid moments as the evening unfolds.
• HORS D'OEUVRES: No speakeasy worth its booze would neglect to serve up some 1920s era-specific hors d'oeuvres throughout the night to its patrons.
• GATSBY GAZETTE: Printed just for this event, Savannah's GATSBY GAZETTE will be a great keepsake, filled with important details about the Gatsby Gala that attendees will need to know about in addition to historic stories from Savannah's past.
• ENTERTAINMENT: Make sure your shoes are dance worthy! The live band will be playing jazz music from the Roaring 20s with some newer tunes peppered in throughout the evening for you enjoyment. Feel free to show off your best dance moves - you can always blame it on the booze.
• BOOZE: What would a GATSBY GALA be without locally made booze by Ghost Coast Distillery, Savannah’s first distillery since just before prohibition? There will be a variety of 1920s themed cocktails available from the bar.
• FREE GATSBY GALA FLASK: The first 200 ticket purchasers will receive a beautiful stainless steel GATSBY GALA hip flask that they can take home and use for those times when alcohol might not be so easy to get access to.
• COMPLIMENTARY GATSBY GALA COCKTAIL: All tickets include a Gatsby themed cocktail, made with Ghost Coast Disillery booze!
Jazz great Stephanie Nakasian will be front and center with her vocals on June 4th during Savannah's GATSBY GALA!
• Stephanie is an internationally recognized touring and recording artist specializing in jazz and the great American songbook with the New York Times calling her work "vocal virtuosity."
• She has toured with jazz legend Jon Hendricks and has appeared with luminaries such as Pat Metheny, Bobby McFerrin, Phil Woods, Chris Botti, Harry Allen and many more at major venues and festivals all over the world and has recorded 15 CDs and authored 3 books.
• Her late husband was renowned jazz pianist Hod O'Brien and their daughter is super jazz vocal star Veronica Swift.
• Stephanie's band is a stellar group of local musicians lead by bassist Karl Kimmel who spent 38 years directing bands at the famed Omni Homestead resort in Virginia. Bill Smith is on guitar and Aaron Jennings on drums to bring a swinging entertaining and fun performance on June 4th.
• Learn more about Stephanie at StephanieNakasian.com
Prohibition is over and all are welcome to dip their bill. Follow the rules and everything will be jake. Break the rules and you'll get the bum's rush:
HOUSE RULES:• Leave heaters, gats, rods, and roscoes with the doorman.
• In the event of a raid by the coppers, drink fast.
• Do not discuss politics, religion, or upcoming heists.
• Keep it civil. Fisticuffs will not be tolerated.
• Boozehounds will be bounced.
• Dips, Sharpers, and Grifters: Leave your work outside.
• Confine your flirting to the pro skirts. Leave other men's (and women's) squeezes alone.
• Don't be a wise guy and think you can get in if you are under 21 (we'll check IDs)
• Do not leave the joint with liquor. Drink up or leave it.
• No pants made of blue denim, better known as jeans, or common street wear will be allowed so dress like you were going to toss a few back with Capone himself!
WHAT TO WEAR?
• DO WEAR: 1920s glamour or attire highly recommended! Other suggestions would be to wear black, white, gold and pearls.
• DON'T WEAR: No common (present day) street wear, jeans, blue denim or t-shirts, please.
EVENT QUESTIONS: email@example.com
TICKETING QUESTIONS: firstname.lastname@example.org