Sat, Jan 26, 2019 |
9:00AM - 12:00PM
Sweetwater Creek State Park Hike
The Georgia Conservancy and Sweetwater Creek State Park welcome you to join us on January 26 for a Day Hike through this incredible Georgia State Park. Located just 15 miles west of Downtown Atlanta, Sweetwater Creek State Park is a beautiful 2,500-acre park within the Chattahoochee River watershed that features a recreational lake, cascading streams, river shoals and the historical ruins of the New Manchester Mill that was burned during the Civil War. Sweetwater Creek is the also birthplace of the Georgia Conservancy in 1967 and was one of the first places our nascent organization helped to protect.
- When: Saturday, January 26 // 8 AM - Noon
- Where: Sweetwater Creek State Park // Park Office // 1750 Mt Vernon Rd., Lithia Springs, GA 30122
- Tour Details: Hike with us along the riverside as we explore the diverse hiking trails, incredible river shoals, unique flora and the historic mill ruins. We will also be joined by Sweetwater Creek State Park staff!
- What to bring: Please bring lunch, water, snacks, appropriate hiking shoes (close toed), warm clothes, and a sense of adventure.
- Parking: $5 Visitor Parking Pass it required upon entrance to the park.