Sat, Oct 29, 2016 |
Hurricane Matthew Recovery Service Work
Join The Georgia Conservancy, Georgia State Parks and Georgia Department of Natural Resources for service projects at Ft. McAllister and Skidaway Island State ParkEVENT ENDED
Join The Georgia Conservancy, Georgia State Parks and The Department of Natural Resources for a Hurricane Recovery Service Project at Ft. McAllister State Park and Skidaway Island State Park on October 29th from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
The focus of the service project will be to repair and restore campgrounds and trails at Ft. McAllister State Park and Skidaway Island State Park. The goal of the service work is to help the campgrounds at both state parks open as quickly as possible.
This is a free service project. You do not have to register an account with Xorbia to reserve a space. Click "Purchase Tickets" to RSVP for free. Please select your preferred volunteer worksite by clicking "Purchase Tickets" on our registration page (don't worry - it's free)
- When: Saturday October 29th, 2016, 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Where: Ft. McAllister State Park & Skidaway Island State Park
- Project Details: Cutting, hauling and removal of debris from campground areas and trails
- What to bring: Please bring plenty of water, lunch, long pant & shirt, and closed-toed shoes.
- Weather: RAIN or SHINE. We will provide updates as the project date nears.
A special thanks to Bank of America for supporting this service project with volunteer leadership.
Volunteer registration at Skidaway and Ft. McAllister State Park begins at 8:30 a.m. on Saturday, October 29th. Orientation will begin at 9:00 a.m. Service work will be performed from 9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. with a break for lunch.