Events DC Cherry Blast!, a premier event of the National Cherry Blossom Festival, is a Japanese-inspired festival with food tastings, interactive art exhibits and music playing throughout the night. Join us on Friday, April 14 from 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. as we transform Dock 5 at Union Market into a busy Tokyo streetscape featuring a night market with tastings curated by Chef Erik Bruner-Yang of Maketto, interactive exhibits including sumo, graffiti artists, Esports and origami while DJs spin throughout the night.
Japanese Food Tastings: Acclaimed DC chefs prepare an authentic menu including...
- Yakitori (skewered chicken) by Chef Erik Bruner-Yang (Spoken English, Maketto, Paper Horse)
- Ramen noodles by Chef Erik Bruner-Yang (Spoken English, Maketto, Paper Horse)
- Karage (fried chicken) by Chef Katsuya Fukushima (Daikaya, Bantam King, Haikan)
- Doroyaki (red bean pancake) by Chef Tim Ma (Kyirisan)
- Kushikatsu (deep fried meat & vegetables) by Chef Seng Luangrath (Thip Khao, Bangkok Golden)
- Okonomiyaki (savory pancake made with/without meat) by Chef Hiro Mitsui (Conbini Cafe)
- Curry Rice by Chef Huy Nguyen (Pho Wheels)
- Otakon Interactive Art displays a variety of art inspired by
- Sumo wrestling demonstration with audience participation
- Origami powered by DC Fray
- Video game lounge featuring 10
different stations of Nintendo and Sony classics
- Live shirt screen printing designed by Soul & Ink
- Live artists
- Japanese spirits sampled in the night market.
- Hibiki Japanese Whisky
- Suntory Whisky Toki
- Kirin beer
- Music soundstage,headlined by internationally
recognized DJ Mel, features entertainers performing throughout the night.
- VIP tea room is an exclusive, private lounge featuring
a special menu from Erik Bruner Yang, hand crafted cocktails by Gina Chersevani,
lounge seating and exclusive restrooms (VIP ticket is
This is a 21+ event, no exceptions.